The Civic Federation's 2021 Annual Civic Awards Virtual Event
Honoring Maurice Smith and Ariel Investments
Registered sponsors and guests have now received information for accessing the event broadcast page. If you are registered and cannot locate your information, please click here to email Civic Federation staff.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Government officials and media: please click here to register.
Event co-chairs David R. Casper, Lester Crown, Helene D. Gayle, M.D., Mark Hoppe, Andrew J. McKenna and Jennifer W. Steans are pleased to honor MAURICE SMITH, President & CEO, Health Care Service Corporation with the Lyman J. Gage Award for Outstanding Civic Contribution by a Chicagoan and ARIEL INVESTMENTS with the Addams-Palmer Award for Exemplary Civic Involvement by a Chicago Institution. John W. Rogers, Jr., Chair, Co-CEO & Chief Investment Officer, will accept the award on behalf of Ariel Investments.
- Opening remarks and welcome - Civic Federation President Laurence Msall
- Salutation address - Helene D. Gayle, MD, MPH, President and CEO, The Chicago Community Trust
- Chair's remarks and member recognition - Civic Federation Chair Monica Mueller
- Presentation of the Addams-Palmer Award to Ariel Investments (accepted by John Rogers) - Andy McKenna
- Video tribute to Ariel Investments, followed by remarks by John Rogers
- Presentation of the Lyman Gage Award to Maurice Smith - Dave Casper
- Video tribute to Maurice Smith, followed by his remarks
- Keynote discussion - John Rogers and Maurice Smith in conversation with Civic Federation President Laurence Msall
- Closing remarks - Civic Federation President Laurence Msall
OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS: