The Civic Federation's 2021 Annual Civic Awards Virtual Event
Honoring Maurice Smith and Ariel Investments
UPDATE (June 29, 2021): Please click here to view the full 2021 Annual Civic Awards Virtual Event!
Event co-chairs David R. Casper, Lester Crown, Helene D. Gayle, M.D., Mark Hoppe, Andrew J. McKenna and Jennifer W. Steans are pleased to honor MAURICE SMITH, President & CEO, Health Care Service Corporation with the Lyman J. Gage Award for Outstanding Civic Contribution by a Chicagoan and ARIEL INVESTMENTS with the Addams-Palmer Award for Exemplary Civic Involvement by a Chicago Institution. John W. Rogers, Jr., Chair, Co-CEO & Chief Investment Officer, will accept the award on behalf of Ariel Investments.
- Opening remarks and welcome - Civic Federation President Laurence Msall
- Salutation address - Helene D. Gayle, MD, MPH, President and CEO, The Chicago Community Trust
- Chair's remarks and member recognition - Civic Federation Chair Monica Mueller
- Presentation of the Addams-Palmer Award to Ariel Investments (accepted by John Rogers) - Andy McKenna
- Video tribute to Ariel Investments, followed by remarks by John Rogers
- Presentation of the Lyman Gage Award to Maurice Smith - Dave Casper
- Video tribute to Maurice Smith, followed by his remarks
- Keynote discussion - John Rogers and Maurice Smith in conversation with Civic Federation President Laurence Msall
- Closing remarks - Civic Federation President Laurence Msall
OUR GENEROUS SPONSORS: