The Civic Federation is a non-partisan, non-profit government research organization working to maximize the quality and cost-effectiveness of government services in the Chicago region and the State of Illinois. The Civic Federation publishes reports and commentaries about state and local government tax policies and government services. The Federation’s membership includes business and professional leaders from a wide range of Chicago-area companies and institutions.
Position Title & Description: Executive Assistant
The Civic Federation seeks an experienced professional with exceptional organizational, interpersonal and writing skills to provide administrative support to the President. Additional duties include assisting with the coordination and planning of meetings and events throughout the year. The Executive Assistant reports to the Membership and Events Manager and works closely with all staff members.
- Provide administrative and organizational support to the President and office including managing President’s daily schedule, coordinating appointments, maintaining records and files, drafting correspondence, processing contributions and drafting and tracking acknowledgments for contributions;
- Manage logistics for all Board committee meetings which occur approximately 3-5 times per month with some early mornings;
- Assist the Membership and Events Manager with coordination of bi-monthly Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings;
- Act as a point of contact for board and committee members and follow up appropriately on meeting details;
- Maintain updated contact information and distribution lists in DonorPro database;
- Assist the Membership and Events Manager with the planning of events throughout the year;
- Answer and manage incoming calls; and
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of 3+ years experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self motivated;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with great attention to detail;
- Professional demeanor and experience interacting with executives and other VIPs;
- Integrity and ability to uphold a strict level of confidentiality;
- Ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks;
- Ability to work well without supervision and maintain a positive attitude under pressure;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and business writing; and
- Prior experience with DonorPro or another CRM tool a plus.
Salary and Compensation
Salary commensurate with experience. This is a full-time position with a generous vacation and benefits package.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, salary requirements and three references via mail or email to:
The Civic Federation
10 N. Dearborn, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60602
[email protected] (no phone calls, please)