Job Opening at the Civic Federation: Executive Assistant
The Civic Federation is a non-partisan, non-profit government research organization working to maximize the quality and cost-effectiveness of government services in the Chicago region and the State of Illinois. The Civic Federation publishes reports and commentaries about state and local government tax policies and government services. The Federation’s membership includes business and professional leaders from a wide range of Chicago-area companies and institutions.
Position Title & Description: Executive Assistant
The Civic Federation seeks a professional with exceptional organizational, interpersonal and writing skills to provide administrative support to the President and Board of Directors. Additional duties include assisting with the coordination and planning of meetings and events throughout the year. The Executive Assistant reports to the President and works closely with all staff members.
- Provide administrative support to the President and office including managing President’s daily schedule, coordinating appointments, maintaining records and files, drafting correspondence, processing contributions and drafting and tracking acknowledgments for contributions;
- Coordinate logistics for all Board committee meetings which occur approximately 3-5 times per month with some early mornings;
- Coordinate logistics and registration for annual public policy forum;
- Assist with coordination of bi-monthly Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings;
- Assist in the preparation of materials for all meetings;
- Act as a point of contact for board and committee members and follow up appropriately on meeting details;
- Maintain updated contact information and distribution lists in DonorPro database;
- Assist the Membership and Events Manager with the planning of events throughout the year including the annual Civic Awards Luncheon and the annual Motorola Solutions Foundation Excellence in Public Service Award Breakfast; and
- Serve as front desk receptionist.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Professional demeanor and experience interacting with executives and other VIPs;
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain confidentiality;
- Ability to manage and prioritize a wide variety of tasks;
- Ability to work well without supervision and maintain poise under pressure;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; and
- Prior experience providing administrative support to an executive is a plus.
Salary and Compensation
Base salary is $30,000. Past experience and qualifications will be considered. This is a full-time position with a generous vacation and benefits package.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references via mail or email to:
The Civic Federation
10 N. Dearborn, Suite 800
Chicago, IL 60602
[email protected] (no phone calls, please)