Job Opening at the Civic Federation: Part-time Administrative Assistant
The Civic Federation is a non-partisan, non-profit government research organization working to maximize the quality and cost-effectiveness of government services in the Chicago region and the State of Illinois. The Civic Federation publishes reports and commentary about state and local government tax policies, government services and public expenditures. The Federation’s membership includes business and professional leaders from a wide range of Chicago-area companies and institutions.
Position Title & Description: Part-time Administrative Assistant
The Administrative Assistant will work approximately 24 hours a week to provide administrative support to the President and Membership & Events Manager. Hours will be 9-5 on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Some adjustments may be required for early morning meetings and events. The Administrative Assistant also works closely with communications, operations and research staff.
- Coordinate logistics for meetings and assist in the preparation of materials for all meetings;
- Act as a point of contact for board and committee members and follow-up appropriately on meeting details;
- Maintain Civic Federation contact and distribution lists;
- Assist the Membership & Events Manager with the planning of events throughout the year;
- Provide administrative support to the President and office including drafting correspondence, processing contributions, coordinating schedules and maintaining records and files.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Prior administrative experience a plus;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented;
- Professional demeanor;
- Ability to work well without supervision and maintain poise under pressure; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and using the Internet.
Salary and Compensation
Hourly rate based on experience. This is a part-time position with no benefits.
To apply, please submit resume, cover letter and three professional references by mail or email to:
The Civic Federation
177 N. State St., Suite 400
Chicago, IL 60601
firstname.lastname@example.org (No phone calls, please)